Le 07/11/2016 à 14:31, Guenter Milde a écrit :
Finally, I convinced myself that your approach is correct if we want to
keep the breaks. In the following patch I add some one screen hints of
what is going on. I could use a color of the characters, but I am not
sure what to do, these are actual characters, not insets. A solution
could be to add a frame around the characters.

I'd rather convert them to the "usual LyX representations"

  \begin_inset Newline newline
  \end_inset

and

  \begin_layout <type of the last layout>

Converting them is possible in insertStringAsXXX and in tex2lyx, as I wrote. But we cannot forbid the characters to be in our documents (or if we can, it will be a waste of energy to catter for all cases). This is why I was wondering what would be the last-chance solution.

We have a patch for not crashing. Now an approach for exporting some working LaTeX would be a good complement.