On 2017-03-01, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 06:24:51PM -0500, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 02:07:38PM -0500, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

>> > Note that this affects lib/examples/es/linguistics.lyx
>> >
>> > Can anyone else reproduce? Is the problem obvious?
>> >
>> > I can reproduce the issue on 2.2.0 and on master. I cannot reproduce on
>> > 2.1.0. I can do a git bisect if someone thinks the time would be worth
>> > it.

>> Perhaps this is http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9871 ?
>> I inverted the affected test.

>> But that issue is not labeled as a regression. Why does the MWE work
>> with 2.1.0?

> The commit that changed the behavior was 36b9645b.

> Günter, can you confirm that the export just worked by chance (perhaps
> even bad output?) before, so that 36b9645b did not really break the
> export? I have a vague memory that this is the case, but I want to
> double-check.

36b9645b is part of the fix to #9740 (XeTeX with TeX fonts).
(BTW: how do you get the content/description of a change-set given this
strange number only?)

Possible regressions due to the restrictions of XeTeX with TeX-fonts are
expected (and should be eventually handled) but don't outweigh the
benefits of the change. No reason to restore 2.1 behaviour.

See also the similar discussion in https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10199

Could you try whether export works with pdftex if the input encoding is set
to ASCII?

Günter