On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 05:43:10PM +0100, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 11:56:25AM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 08:26:05AM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, this is sufficient.
> > > If you want to switch more often, you should create a script.
> > > I have a symbolic link, /usr/BUILD/BuildQt, pointing to the correct QT.
> > > And in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qt5.conf the first line reads
> > >   /usr/BUILD/BuildQtRoot/lib
> > >
> > > Also the env PATH contains /usr/BUILD/BuildQtRoot/bin.
> > >
> > > In case of using built-in qt, /usr/BUILD/BuildQtRoot is removed.
> > >
> > > But to be sure, I always also use 'sudo ldconfig' too.
> >
> > OK thanks for the info.
>
> You can always launch a program "prog" by
>
> env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/mylibs prog
>
> to force using the libraries in /path/to/mylibs without tinkering
> with ld configuration.

Good idea, and since Kornel said the problem shows only when the
libraries are used at run time (and doesn't matter for compile time),
that seems like the easiest way to test.

What is the difference between the following two (the second removes the
prepended "env")?

  env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/mylibs prog

and

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/mylibs prog

Scott