On 2017-03-13 09:28:22 +0000, Kornel Benko said:

Am Sonntag, 12. März 2017 um 16:35:43, schrieb Ian Wilder <ianwilder.ea...@gmail.com>
On 2017-02-13 16:21:52 +0000, Kornel Benko said:

Am Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2017 um 09:58:40, schrieb Ian Wilder
<ianwilder.ea...@gmail.com>
Hey everyone!

1.) Please do not use source dir as build dir. This messes the source.

fixed.

2.) Do you really want lyx to be installed at
"/Users/ian/Applications/LyX-master"?

I needed to make this LyX-master.app, but other than this, yes. Does
this introduce an issue?

No, but it looks soooo suspect. (As if it were the build dir)

It is not the build directory. I install lyx to an applications directory under my home dir utilizing. The source is /Users/ian/src/lyx and the builddir is /Users/ian/src/lyx/build

My platform is

Darwin ares 16.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 16.4.0: Thu Dec 22 22:53:21
PST 2016; root:xnu-3789.41.3~3/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Thanks for any help!

Ian Wilder

To compile with cmake:
Get a really clean source tree, say 'xyzzy_src'.
Create a _new_ build tree, say 'xyzzy_build'.

cd xyzzy_build
cmake xyzzy_src -DLYX_USE_QT=QT5 -DLYX_COCOA=ON etc
make

        Kornel
<image>

I have now been able to do a build with cmake. Thank you very much!

However, the make install target doesn't seem to be runnable. Has
someone been able to run a cmake built version on macos?

In case you did not already used, try to configure with
        -DLYX_INSTALL=ON
With this options you should get the install target. To see all defined target try
        make help
in the build dir.

If that does not work, then you have to follow Stephan's advise.

Thank you for the tip. However, it still does not build an exeutable that runs on macos.

I noticed the install layout is not one that could run on macos, but is instead a layout indicitive of a typical linux install.

ian@ares % find ~/Applications/LyX-master.app -type d -maxdepth 2 [0]
/Users/ian/Applications/LyX-master.app
/Users/ian/Applications/LyX-master.app/bin
/Users/ian/Applications/LyX-master.app/share
/Users/ian/Applications/LyX-master.app/share/LyX
/Users/ian/Applications/LyX-master.app/share/man
~/src/lyx/build

For comparison, this is how the layout appears for 2.2.2

ian@ares % find /Applications/LyX.app -type d -maxdepth 2 [0]
/Applications/LyX.app
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Frameworks
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Library
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/PlugIns
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/translations

It seems either cmake does not have a target for macos install, or I am using incorrect cmake options or targets.

Thanks,
Ian

        Kornel

<image>