On 12.04.17 18:52, Stephan Witt wrote:

>>> We are talking about 268 files with 1141222 bytes.
>>
>> Which can be stored and transmitted more efficiently for almost no cost.
>> And that cost is a one time effort.
>> (repeated at shipping time, for svg).
>
> SVGs are already compressed. What procedure do you propose at shipping time?

To use for example this:
https://github.com/RazrFalcon/svgcleaner

>>> The internal dependencies of Qt I cannot change. You’re speculating here.
>>
>> Hm, yeah. As I said. But speculating with reason:
>>
>> Deleting most of the qt-plugins, and frameworks, like those I mentioned
>> and audio and dbus and so on: LyX launches, works, does everything I
>> routinely do.
>>
>> Now I thought it maybe that I missed some usage scenario (like
>> lyx-server and the like) that I just didn't use.
>> But this way, I doubt if they are really all necessary.
>> If I delete GUI-framework or image-plugins, then it's in trouble, but
>> playlist-support, camera, gestures?

> Let’s see how it goes.

to quote:
"Prior to codesigning the application bundle, use macdeployqt to copy
the Qt frameworks and plug-ins into the bundle. If you know that your
application does not use certain Qt frameworks or plug-ins, you can
remove them from the bundle to reduce its total size."   From:

http://blog.qt.io/blog/2012/04/03/how-to-publish-qt-applications-in-the-mac-app-store-2/

As far as I am convinced remembering it, there was a quite recent
posting regarding improvements on that front in one of the latest
releases of Qt but I cannot find it right now.

greetings
Mike