Am Donnerstag, 20. April 2017 um 13:02:32, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
<skost...@lyx.org>
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 04:21:49AM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 09:10:54AM +0200, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
> > > A 2nd SIGSEGV, involving similar actions, but the crash happens earlier,
> > > so
> > > I guess it's a different bug:
> > > 1. clear your ~/.lyx-trunk/cache/*
> > > 2. start LyX, new doc
> > > 3. type "info-insert icon whatevernonsense"
> > >
> > > => LyX SIGNAL CAUGHT dialog with std::bad_alloc.
> >
> > I can reproduce with dbcbf305 and after but not 15fd7920. I can do a git
> > bisect tomorrow if no one beats me to it:
> >
> >   git bisect start
> >   git bisect good 15fd7920
> >   git bisect bad dbcbf305
>
> My bisect lead to 244de5d2

This makes sense, because I came to the same commit while investigating the
crash.
Backtrace gives src/support/FileName.cpp:188
        return d->name
(gdb) p d->name
Cannot access memory at address 0x0

(gdb) up
        src/graphics/GraphicsConverter.cpp:146
(gdb) p doc_fname_
$1 = (const lyx::support::FileName &) @0x3559560: {
  _vptr.FileName = 0x38ca7d0,
  d = 0x0
}

(gdb) up
        src/graphics/GraphicsConverter.cpp:90

(gdb) p doc_fname
$2 = (const lyx::support::FileName &) @0x3559560: {
  _vptr.FileName = 0x38ca7d0,
  d = 0x0
}
(gdb) up
(gdb) up
        src/graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp:452
(gdb) p doc_file_

$3 = (const lyx::support::FileName &) @0x3559560: {
  _vptr.FileName = 0x38ca7d0,
  d = 0x0
}
(gdb) up
        src/graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp:235

> but I'm not confident in the bisect (for some
> revisions I could reproduce once and then not a separate time. I always
> cleared the cache each time but still had mixed results).
>
> When git bisect narrowed in on the commits around there, I thought it
> would be 6c920757 since that has to do with icons. But that's not where
> bisect took me.
>
> So don't take my results too seriously. Hopefully someone else can take
> a look.
>
> Scott

        Kornel