Hi,
        I created a copr for the development versions (lyx-2.3 for now):
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jamatos/lyx-devel/

        This is more or less the equivalent of ppa for the debian/ubuntu world.

        These packages have the suffix -devel, the fedora package is called lyx-
devel as well and it can be installed parallel to the stable lyx package. The
packages can work side by side because the user directory is called ~/.lyx-
devel.

        I am currently building the package for Fedora 24 and EPEL 7 (x86_64)
and
for Fedora 25, 26 and rawhide (i386, ppc64le, x86_64).

        Since this is a development version I have one change (patch) that is
not
in the alpha1-1 package, this package uses forcefully python 3 (I am still
working on EPEL 7 regarding this). The purpose is obvious. :-)

        I have identified a potential problem, there is no way to change the
python binary used if binary is called python and is in the path. For Fedora
and other distributions, /usr/bin/python still points to python2 even if
python3 is present.

        I will comment in other threads tomorrow.
--
José Abílio