Am 09.05.2017 um 13:04 schrieb Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org>:

> On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 10:42:42PM +0200, Stephan Witt wrote:
>
>> The culprit in my case on Mac was the missing entry for document_dir (aka
>> Working Directory).
>> If I fill it with the name of my real document directory (e.g.
>> /Users/stephan/Documents) then
>> it works for me too. The 2.2.3 LyX doesn’t need that entry in preferences
>> and uses the platform
>> specific default value from Qt in this case.
>
> Stephan, do you think the easiest thing to do is just revert 892593fb?
> I'm fine with that.

This probably would solve the problem too. And I’m not that confident
it is only Windows or Mac platform having this problem. If a Linux desktop
manager software programmer decides it would be correct to start programs
from menu or desktop icons at some arbitrary directory like / or /var/private
or so we have the same problem on Linux.

Your goal was to start LyX from terminal with current directory as document dir.
Wouldn’t it be better to provide a command line option to choose the initial
document dir explicitly?

Stephan