On 16/05/2017 8:22 p.m., Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 07:27:18PM -0600, Joel Kulesza wrote:
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Andrew Parsloe <apars...@clear.net.nz>
wrote:

Perhaps rather than just the logo followed by LyX on the title bar, also
include the version number?

Given what I had to do for screenshot 2 here (
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10671), I'd be supportive of this change.

The version is displayed in the main window when no document is open,
but if I understand correctly you would like for the version to be
displayed even if documents are open.

Scott

Yes. Particularly at an alpha or beta stage where one may want to check how things worked in an earlier version. However, I realise I can do this hackishly by adding a toolbar button. For instance I've just added

Item "2.3.0a" repeat 0

to the start of the View toolbar in stdtoolbars.inc. I've got used to fixing this toolbar vertically at the right of the screen. This means 2.3.0a displays just to the top right of the main LyX window and I can see at a glance, with a document open, which LyX I'm in.

Andrew

---