On 2017-07-19, Christian Ridderström wrote:

> ... I would like to ask (not being
> optimistic), if there's some design description anywhere?

> I wonder because IMHO security requires a system wide approach and that
> it's very easy to screw up if only looking at isolated pieces. Further, it
> requires continuity so you know what you initially intended to achieve and
> what you consider good enough. Otherwise you might later introduce a new
> feature that inadvertently opens up a security whole. Without a system
> design, it's also easy to get caught in discussions trying to bandaid a
> small hole while missing entire walls missing.

> I think this kind of information would be good to gather and store in some
> kind of design document, which could just be a text file in the repo.  Then
> we could add knowledge to this document, and let if include the rationale
> behind our choices, as well as letting developers review the system design.

I support the suggestion to create such a document and suppose to make it
a section in "Development.lyx":

+ bundled with other project policies and developer documentation
+ write access for all developers
+ we can use LyX's version control for to-be-reviewed parts and diverging
  opinions/comments

Günter