Guillaume MM wrote:
> Not sure if what is being discussed is for 2.3 or for an ideal
> implementation, but ideally what about:
>
> 1. No "needauth" preferences (do not allow needauth from being disabled).
> 2. The dialog has a checkbox "I have read the above and I understand the
> consequences", unchecked by default, which one has to check before
> clicking "allow" or "always allow for the document". This checkbox is
> remembered per-user (this replaces the "forbid use of needauth" option).
> 3. For command-line only (without GUI), have a command-line options
> --needauth=[never(default)|always|ask].

I am not sure I understood this proposal, but if by 1&2 you mean
to replace "Forbid.." checkbox by unchecked "I have read...",
then I have no problem with it. (Though if we wanted to make it scary
it should contain words like "Warning" or "Dangerous".)

Ask Christian about the string, he seemed to be the main critic of UI...

Pavel