On 27/07/2017 16:10, Guillaume MM wrote:
It makes sense that an option in the command line could disable needauth
entirely. It is becoming hard to track all the suggestions so if you are
interested in this I suggest filing enhancement reports / the wiki page.

I think what we might do in a relatively easy and generic way, is to allow
for setting individual preferences settings from the command-line, e.g.:

  alias lyx-safe='/usr/bin/lyx -Duse_converter_needauth_forbidden=true'
  alias lyx-unsafe='/usr/bin/lyx -Duse_converter_needauth_forbidden=false
-Duse_converter_needauth=false'

that would override whatever one has in the ~/.lyx/preferences config.

This might be useful beyond needauth et al.

Bye,

        T.