Christian Ridderström wrote:
> Please note that I'm _not_ wholly against something like needauth, I'm simply
> not convinced it's good enough.  In fact, I'm still unclear on exactly how it
> currently works, or perhaps rather, how it's intended to work in LyX 2.3.

I already wrote you possible ways how we can cement the current situation more
and IIRC you did not picked any. Meanwhile Tommaso committed patch which is
slightly improving situation by "scary dialog". I did not hear your reaction to
it either.

> > Even after all discussion I still see adding the whole needauth machinery
> > as unnecessary complication of code and UI; possible future use of pygments
> > still seems as made up argument for the sake of discussion rather than real
> > user demand.
>
> Would you mind clarifying why needauth is an "unneccessary complication of
> code and UI"?  (Apologies as I'm likely asking you to repeat what you've said
> previously).

I meant extending needauth mechanisms beyond current gnuplot/knitr usage
for the sake of minted, because I believe minted maintainer will deliver
us fix within couple months.

With such sight in view, I would be just fine to let minted support in
current fashion, tell people clearly in manual that adding --shell-escape
is dangerous, let Uwe scream at us little bit and then be done with it.

Pavel