On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 07:12:28PM +0200, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
> On 31/08/2017 02:45, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> >      feature, first remove the -shell-escape option from the global
> >      converter by going to Preferences > file handling > converters,
> >      removing "-shell-escape" from the corresponding converter, and
> >      clicking on "Modify" and then "Save".
> >
> > Any thoughts or alternative improvements?
>
> offer a button on that warning dialog that does this for the user.

Interesting idea. I hadn't thought about that.

A button could at most remove the global -shell-escape and enable it for
the particular document. But it wouldn't help any other document that
needs -shell-escape. Also, I'm worried that a user would click on the
"automatic fix" button without thinking, even if their document didn't
need -shell-escape.

At first thought, I don't like the idea of the button adding the
document-specific -shell-escape. Also at first thought, I do think I
like the idea of a button that just focuses on removing -shell-escape
from the global converter, if we were very clear to the user what was
going on (and that they would have to enable it manually for each
document that needed it).

Scott