Am 24.09.2017 um 18:32 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org>:

> Am Sonntag, den 24.09.2017, 17:30 +0200 schrieb Stephan Witt:
>>> OK, but we might need to re-add quotes in the script (like we had
>>> to do
>>> for the first argument (inkscape command), for windows.
>>
>> Yes, that should be done to be safe anyway.
>> Every shell script needs to be written likewise to be correct.
>
> Hm, but I fail to do that. --file= (and also -f) do not seem to accept
> double nor single quotes.

Sorry, I neither read the script nor the python docs until now.

I think it’s fine already. The subprocess.check_call gets the
args passed as array of strings and executes the sub process
with individual arguments. The spaces don’t need quotes.

I’ve tried this:
$ mkdir 'dir with spaces‘
$ cp lyx/lib/images/file-open.svgz 'dir with spaces‘
$ python lyx/lib/scripts/svg2pdftex.py $(pwd)/'dir with spaces'/file-open.svgz
$(pwd)/file-open.pdf
$ ls -l file-open.*
-rw-r--r--@ 1 stephan  staff  45330 24 Sep 18:55 file-open.pdf
-rw-r--r--  1 stephan  staff   1871 24 Sep 18:55 file-open.tex
$

Isn’t this ok?

Stephan