On 2017-10-08, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> After at tlmgr update, I now get the following:

> $ ctest -R "seminar"

> I get "20 tests failed out of 33":

> 3631 - UNRELIABLE.WRONG_OUTPUT_export/examples/seminar_dvi (Failed)
> 5025 - UNRELIABLE.WRONG_OUTPUT_export/examples/fr/seminar_pdf5_systemF
> (Failed)

> Before the tlmgr update, I did not have any failures. The tests are
> marked as unreliable, so perhaps this change in behavior should not be a
> surprise? I might not be so surprised if a few formats failed, but it
> seems that all exports to PDF fail.

It seems that all exports using LaTeX fail (also DVI and Postscript).
It would be interesting to see the reason (log) but I cannot reproduce with
my Debian/stable texlive.

I added a new clause in unreliable:varying-versions.

> Also, our entry in unreliableTests is:

>     # seminar.sty uses Postscript specials or PGF
>     # -> wrong output with DVI and PDF (ps2pdf) (de-placed landscape
>     # slides).
>     export/examples/(|fr/)seminar_(dvi|pdf).*

> The comment makes me think that we only expect wrong output with DVI and
> PDF (ps2pdf). Am I interpreting that wrong or should we remove the ".*"
> at the end of that pattern?

The comment is imprecise. While DVI and ps2pdf are the export formats with
most problems, no export format works reliably in all use cases.
On the other hand, all export formats have use cases that work if the
correct settings are used.
  The Appendix in examples/seminar.lyx lists details for on-screen viewing
vs. printing of landscape slides, portrait slides, and notes.

I changed the comment but we may also just remove the clause from
unreliable:wrong-output.

Günter