Le 08/10/2017 à 23:26, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Sun, Oct 08, 2017 at 08:59:47PM +0000, Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:
Le 08/10/2017 à 05:39, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 01:25:42AM +0000, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
commit 3bc08a76c42cd350a3141f00f37082bc9fab8967
Author: Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org>
Date:   Sat Sep 24 03:15:02 2016 +0200

      Sort the language nesting mess with polyglossia
      When using polyglossia, lyx was making a real mess when changing
      language inside nested insets. The \begin{language} and
      \end{language} commands were not well paired such that they could
      easily occur just before and after the start or end of an
      environment. Of course this was causing latex errors such that
      "\begin{otherlanguage} ended by \end{environment}".
      There may still be some cases I did not take into account.

It seems that the Xetex error that I get with the lettre template is of that
kind. I was about to write to the class author about this, but it seems thus
that is is a LyX bug, right?

I don't know. From what I remember lettre started failing for me after a
TeX Live update. If it were a LyX bug, I wonder why it worked before. My
memory often fails me though (or perhaps I fail it?). I think I have a
VM with an older TeX Live installation. Would it helped if I tested
whether the lettre template, as of current 2.3.x, compiles fine with
the older TeX Live installation?

I don't know, a new version of the class has been introduced in August with a lot of changes.

I think I will go on what I began to do here before contacting the author of the class: downsize to a minimal example using the examples indicated in the class manual to check if polyglossia simply works with lettre.cls (the LyX template includes a lot of preamble code to make the order of the elements in the LyX window irrelevant, and the error happens inside an added custom command). Last time I worked on this I was fighting with font encoding when I copy latex code from the lettre pdf manual.

--
Jean-Pierre