On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 11:56:12AM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
> On 2017-10-07, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>
> > Any other important issues to consider before releasing rc1?
>
> The current default behaviour for dash export is a regression on
> changeset 798ad9755a1ff43a06d2b from 16.06.2007
>
>   unicodesymbols: use commands for the dashes for consistency reasons and
>   to avoid potential problems with some LaTeX-packages
>
> We should either change the default value of
> Document->Settings->Fonts->Output em- and en-dash as ligatures
> to "false" or document the change in the release notes (patch below).
>
> I vote for changing the default.

If you get support before rc1 for changing the default, we can consider
it.

Note that from what I understand, this is a different topic than the one
that was voted on [1], which focused on possible conversion options, not
on the default of the setting.

As for the potential patch to RELEASE-NOTES, do I understand correctly
that the reason that the text we currently have is incorrect is because
in some cases (e.g. the document uses non-TeX fonts) the change is not
"needed"? If this is the motivation for the changed text, then I propose
to just change "you must manually unselect" to "you might need to
manually unselect" and to then refer to the "Dashes and line breaks"
chapter.

Scott

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=oldlsd%24nq8%241%40blaine.gmane.org