Am 23.12.2017 um 20:35 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:

But, thanks to the nice INSTALL file, I did it (Qt 5.9.3 64bits) for 2.3.x+properpaint branch (I will switch to master soon).

Cool. So I am not alone anymore on Windows.
LyX is not yet ready for 64bit. This is something we should do for LyX 2.4. Therefore I am sure that you get troubles. Also note that I use MSVC 2015 because there are still issues with Qt and MSVC 2017.

Second (bad) news: the performance is terrible, much worse that 2.2.3 as packaged by Uwe. Uwe, what is your secret? Do I have to set some optimization level?

- use the 32bit Qt
- write a batch script that does nothing more than to load this:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat
(change it to the path of your 32bit MSVC)

- double-click on this batch file. A console pops up where the MSVC environment is loaded - in the command line switch to LyX's Git folder /development/CMake and execute there the command

build5-2015 install
(before please check that the paths in the file build5-2015.bat are correct for your system)

That's it.

- optional: in 32bit MSVC set "Release" as build option. If you select "Debug" you get a dog slow build but one you can debug. (Despite I was never able to get the debugger running)

I see that point 6 of
http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyxgit/INSTALL.Win32
is not correct.
- At first just start the CMake Gui
- set there the GNUWIN32 directory and the CMAKE_PATH_PREFIX directory
- press generate in CMake and fix the missing paths it might complain about
- press generate again then build
- from now on use the build5-2015.bat file to build

In the CMake GUI you might set how LyX is built. When I am back home in January, I will send you my settings.

Btw. I cannot send at the moment mails to lyx-devel directly. It only works by writing to the Gmane newsgroup. I get:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:
<lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org>
Reason:
delivery retry timeout exceeded