On 04/16/2018 10:35 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 02:18:59AM +0000, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
>> On 04/16/2018 06:29 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>>>   "LyX could not be closed because documents are being processed by LyX"
>>>
>>> Perhaps we could add another option to cancel processing and exit.
>> I just tried to do that. I can add the option, but we need somehow to
>> wait for the background
>> thread to finish before trying to exit. If we try to do that, though,
>> the whole thing locks, because
>> the GUI thread needs to display the message that the process was
>> canceled.
> What about adding an optional argument to export-cancel? e.g.
> "disable-dialog"?

I thought about that. It could work, but we'd have to disable ALL
dialogs, and I worry about
deadlock even then. I'll keep thinking about it.

One intermediate suggestion would be to offer to cancel the process but
then tell the user they
will need to exit again manually. They might not know about canceling.

Riki