On 04/18/2018 03:28 PM, Pavel Sanda wrote:
Hi,

I have very outdated latex here, can anyone using more recent versions of
texlive confirm that when you insert greyedout note inside caption of floating
figure the document can't be compiled anymore?

Pavel
If the attached file is what you mean, I can confirm it. The error message is

! Argument of \@caption has an extra }.

<inserted text>

\par

l.30 Invisible Figure}

I've run across a `}' that doesn't seem to match anything.

For example, `\def\a#1{...}' and `\a}' would produce

this error. If you simply proceed now, the `\par' that

I've just inserted will cause me to report a runaway

argument that might be the root of the problem. But if

your `}' was spurious, just type `2' and it will go away.

Runaway argument?

\@captype {\def \@currenvir {lyxgreyedout}\edef \@currenvline {\on@line \ETC.

! Paragraph ended before \@caption was complete.

<to be read again>

\par

l.30 Invisible Figure}

I suspect you've forgotten a `}', causing me to apply this

control sequence to too muc

This is with TeXLive 2017.

Cheers,
Paul

h text. How can we recover?

My plan is to forget the whole thing and hope for the best.