On 04/24/2018 01:10 AM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> I can reproduce on master and on 2.3.x.
>
> To reproduce:
>
> 1. download the attached 3 documents and put them in the same directory.
> 2. open master_copy_from.lyx in one LyX instance
> 3. in the dialog that comes up, click "cancel"
> 4. open master_copy_to.lyx in a *separate* LyX instance
> 5. highlight the child inset in master_copy_from.lyx and do ctrl+c to copy.
> 6. go to the other LyX instance, highlight the child inset there, and do
>    ctrl+v to paste.
>
> I think it's important that question1.lyx's master document (the one in
> question1.lyx's document settings) does not exist. I don't think it's
> important that child.lyx (which is included in master_copy_from.lyx)
> does not exist.
>
> I get a SIGSEGV with the attached backtrace (from master).
>
> Can anyone reproduce?

I tried a couple times and did not get a segfault. But I did notice in
looking over the
backtrace that you have the documents in a Dropbox folder. Do you still
get the crash
in other directories?

This line

#50 0x000000000120b2f2 in lyx::frontend::Alert::prompt (title0=L"Create new
document?",
    question=L"The document
/home/scott/Dropbox/Inbox/lyx_mwe_sigsegv/doesNotExist.lyx does not yet
exist.\n\nDo you want to create a new document?", default_button=0,
cancel_button=1, b1=L"&Create",
    b2=L"Cancel", b3=L"", b4=L"") at
/home/scott/lyxbuilds/master/repo/src/frontends

is a little strange. This is asking to create the master document for
question1.lyx, which has
just been pasted. But its master should be the document into which it is
being pasted. I do not
get asked that question, which is probably why I do not see the crash.

Otherwise, the fact that this happens with *separate* LyX instances
makes me wonder whether
there is not some problem in Qt somewhere.

Riki