$ ~/lyx/lyx/configure --enable-qt5
Configuration
  Host type:               x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
  Special build flags:      build=development warnings assertions stdlib-debug
  C++ Compiler:            g++ (8)
  C++ Compiler flags:       -Wall -Wextra -Wfloat-conversion -fPIC -g -O
  C++ Compiler user flags:
  Linker flags:
  Linker user flags:
  Qt Frontend:
      Qt version:          5.10.1
  Packaging:               posix
  LyX binary dir:          /usr/local/bin
  LyX files dir:           /usr/local/share/lyx

=== The following minor problems have been detected by configure.
=== Please check the messages below before running 'make'.
=== (see the section 'Problems' in the INSTALL file)

== The found moc compiler is for Qt moc-qt5 5.10.1 but the Qt library version
is 5.10.1.

Configuration of LyX was successful.
Type 'make' to compile the program,

Surely enough after this message make failed. :-)

There were two causes, i) I had to run autogen.sh as the previous run was
probably too old and
ii) I had to install qt5-qtsvg-devel and qt5-qtx11extras-devel.

After that I am on track again. :-)
--
José Abílio