Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> Thanks Riki (and thanks for wading into the Windows swamp to update the
> installer).

Since we are doing changes in the installation workflow on Windows we should
consider to advocate TeX Live instead of MiKTeX on official LyX web page
and I have in mind two reasons:

1. increased document interoperability between architectures because both
   Linux and Mac use preferably TeX Live (MacTeX is redistribution of
   TeX Live if I read their pages right, CMIIW).

2. the instalation time of first install of MiKTeX (including triggered
   online updates via configure) is *horrific*. As I wrote in some earlier
   email, it took >1 hour to get LyX+MiKTeX working on clean Win machine
   mainly because of MiKTeX package handling (and our reconfigure:).

   Net TeXLive installer might be better in this regard. (?)

Before I will do my own experiments with Win TL 18, any windows users
around to comment on TeX Live advantages/drawbacks on windows, esp.
to points 1./2.

Thanks,
Pavel

(CC-ing users list.)