Le 25/07/2018 à 11:40, Daniel a écrit :
Even if you know what you are doing it can be helpful to have visual guides. I am sure you could do (or maybe you do) programming in a plain text editor. Still many people prefer editors that support highlighting. Why again does the thicker line that separates head and body of the table not help to get a better overview of the table?

Call me an heretic, but sometimes I use several \midrule in a table. It did not occur to me that it was forbidden outside of header/footer separation. And I do not use \cmidrules in normal operation.

I don't see how a thicker line at the top and bottom of a table that *indicates* a formal table encourages people to use that style. In contrast a better separation in complex tables of the header and body and footer may do so.

Hmm.

I see. I guess we had different aims in mind. Yours was to distinguish formal from non-formal tables. Mine was to enhance readability and provide a structural indication of what the final table will look like (which in turn might encourage people using it).

I am going to return to the previous version for now. We'll see in a month whether a mutiny in favor of bolder rules grows.