Am Sonntag, 29. Juli 2018 18:36:12 CEST schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller
<sp...@lyx.org>:
> Am Sonntag, den 29.07.2018, 18:28 +0200 schrieb Kornel Benko:
> > And I like it. I would even remove our log-checking with hardcoded
> > messages (in LaTeX.cpp) and instead
> > replace them with specific strings from the layout/module files. But
> > that will be rejected too I suppose.
>
> Note that I am not the one to "reject" things. My point is, though,
> that if we start things like this to work around bugs in current
> versions of packages/classes, this will become unmaintainable at some
> point.

Reasonable.  But not pragmatic in my eyes. The only bug I see in this case, is
a missing error/warning
message which would identify the failing reason.

> I expect the RiverValley people to resolve this issue in the next
> version. If not, more people should complain to them (and they won't if
> we hide the error from them).

That is, what I doubt. Once you have compiled your source, you get a .aux file.
From then on, no errors occur.
So I would not be surprised at missing complains.

> Jürgen

        Kornel