On 1/09/2018 11:11 a.m., Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 08/31/2018 05:58 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 2018-08-31 22:51, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 08/31/2018 01:31 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 2018-08-31 19:23, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 08/31/2018 10:33 AM, Daniel wrote:
It might be the same problem as plagued the 2.3.0 version at first.
Once I have a bibliography included the delay is there (and the more
bibliographies the worse). I can't find the posting from the last
version but I seem to remember that Jürgen and Riki were involved in
its solution.
Yes, I thought we had sorted that out, but perhaps not. Can you give a
few more details?

Riki
Not fully sure what details you are asking for. I still cannot find
the post I was referring to. And lag kick in one a bibliography is
inserted into a document. Writing characters is fine but, for example,
deleting a passage or creating a new paragraph lags.
I have verified that most of the fix that's in master is also in 2.3.x
(and so in 2.3.1). So it's a bit of mystery why this has changed in
2.3.1. That said, there were some other changes that were supposed to
help further.

Do these documents use master-child stuff?

Riki
I noticed it first in a document with master-child stuff. But I could
reproduce it by just adding a bibliography to a newly created
document. It was less of a delay, maybe due to its lesser complexity
(and less bibliographies), but the delay was there none the less.
Are you able to compile these days? If so, can you try the attached
patch with "-dbg files" and let me know what you see?

Riki

To provide another data point for this discussion, 2.3.1 installed without problems on my windows 7 system and is not showing any delay for the kinds of operations Daniel mentioned. This is with a master-child document. The bibliography has 19 entries but is 'built-in' rather than using an external bib database.

Andrew

---