Le 30/08/2018 à 06:52, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
The \limits command only works for math operators, but we enable
MATH_LIMITS whenever there are limits. This leads to an error if the
limits are not on a math operator. See the attached error.lyx. We can
use \mathop to convert to a math operator, and then there is no error.
See no_error.lyx.

An alternative would be to just disable MATH_LIMITS if the symbol is not
a math operator.

Please try what I just pushed to master at 7b7ed64a0e76. I disable the toggling of limits, but it is still possible to create a bad formula: insert \[ \int\limits_x \], then replace the \int with a X.

I think the limits_ variable should be moved to the last math inset of the nucleus of the script inset, but it is difficult to get right.