Lars> I am now removing all CXX...NAMESPACES stuff (of course I should
Lars> have let someone with an older compiler do this...), will commit
Lars> that in a few minutes.

Lars> What I now need is a poll to see if anonymous namespaces are
Lars> supported on the different platforms.

Lars> So people please test:

It does not work with gcc 2.8.1 !!! (OK, maybe you knoew that already)

More useful information: it does work with cxx 6.2-027, although it
kindly points out that you defined variable i but never use it. Bad
practice...