On 21/12/2018 17:13, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Freitag, den 21.12.2018, 15:56 +0100 schrieb Kornel Benko:
So, if I want to change some words to say 'emph+bold', I have to set
it again and again for each word?

No, you can use the 'Apply last text properties' button once you have
applied it from the dialog.

Also the use of 'Apply last text properties' does not work
anymore :(

Could you elaborate? It works for me.

1.) German document
2.) Paragraph in English
3.) select a word in this paragraph
4.) change to emph through bind 'font-emph'
5.) sect another word
6.) try 'Apply last text properties'
The word is now German (instead of English), and not emphasized.

textstyle-apply never worked with font-emph. It uses the cached
settings from freefont, and freefont is only updated in textstyle-
update (which is used by the character dialog).

It still works (as before) if you use the dialog for setting the
Emphasizing.

Just wanted to point out that this is evidence for my point that "Apply last (text style) toolbar button has misleading grouping and appearance" and I have suggested a patch for it:

https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg207184.html

Daniel