John> so whenever I use stringstream I have to use str().c_str() to
John> get the string out in the case of using lyxstring right ?

It is for the ugly case where one uses lyxstring in general (which I
am forced to do under tru64 because the linker does not like the long
identifiers produced by basic_string) but the STL does have a sstream
(which of course uses real string). As you can see, a rather special
case.

However, we have to do this for now, but the nice part is that it will
be easy to remove if we find a better solution.

John> Any other lyxstring incompatibilities I should be aware of ??

Not that I know of. Anyway, I compile often with cxx, and do not
really mind doing these occasional compilation fixes.