On 19/03/2019 16:46, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Di., 19. März 2019 um 16:43 Uhr schrieb Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org <mailto:kor...@lyx.org>>:

    The problem starts with multi-language.
    Imagine following:
    1.) The GUI is German
    2.) We want write a French presentation
    3.) Load a template (e.g. Beamer.lyx)

    Since the GUI is German, we get the German version. If there is no
    German version available,
    we get the English version. In any case, not the French version.

    So, I propose an extra button for preferred language for
    templates/examples.

Makes sense. Meanwhile, you can always use Browse.

I find the default state of the Language drop down a bit confusing. It seems to always show its first entry (Afrikaans) when opening (after a restart). What does this mean?

Do I have to change it every time to the language I want to write a document in? Then I propose to preselect the default language as set in settings.

Daniel