Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Dekel Tsur wrote:
> > You can use the ' and ` keys for inserting single quotes.
>
> You mean accent acute (or comma for German style) and accent grave?
> Does not work (the accents) on my system because I have enabled dead
> keys (to get french accents).
> Thanks, anyway.
>
> Juergen.

Ehm, sorry, I fixed this. In Preferences  I had to switch off the
button "X 11: Ignore Dead Keys". Now I get French Accents _and_ single
quotes. So this is o.k. for me as a workaround. Thank you very much,
Dekel!

> Nevertheless, the quote inset should have a notion of inner and outer
> quote, which should be adapted to the language. This has been on my
> virtual todo list for ages, but I have never found the time to
> actually do that.
>
> JMarc

If you could make it some day... but I guess you have more important
things to do at the moment ;-).

Juergen.