With a large document of mine it happens regularly that the typesetting does not finish and the spinning wheel just keeps on spinning as if the typesetting was ongoing.

It cannot be stopped other than killing LyX via the task manager. In the task manager LyX is pretty idle and no latex.exe or such are running. After I kill and restart LyX, the document compiles without problems.

This is particularly annoying since the compilation of my document takes a couple of minutes anyway for some reason, so I loose a lot of time that way.

Daniel