I once again find that reverse search using Skim and LyX on macOS doesn’t work.
LyX 2.3.2, Skim 1.4.40. Forward search works but when reverse search is
attempted, LyX moves to the front but does not move the cursor and does not
scroll the window contents.

I don’t remember when this last worked but it was on the order of weeks ago. I
don’t remember when I updated LyX to 2.3.2.

LyX is at /Applications/Lyx.app

Skim is at /Applications/PDF_Viewers/Skim.app

I have read and re-read the list thread from March 14, 2018, and the wiki at
https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/SyncTeX. I’m stumped. This was working not long ago
and nothing has changed to my knowledge. However, I did notice that

Document > Settings > Formats > check Synchronize with output

somehow got checked off. Dunno how. No clue. Same document.

So here are my settings, stepping through the wiki steps:

Setting up LyX

    • In Document > Settings > Formats, check Synchronize with output [DONE]

    • If your viewer needs another output format than \synctex=-1 (which is the
default), select it or insert it in "Custom Macro” [BLANK—THIS IS THE DEFAULT I
GUESS]

    • Modify Preferences > Output > General > PDF command for your PDF viewer
(see the viewer-specific notes below)

Skim

In LyX,

    • LyX > Preferences > Output > General > PDF command:
/Applications/PDF_Viewers/Skim.app/Contents/SharedSupport/displayline $$n $$o
$$t [DONE AS INDICATED HERE]

In Skim:

    • Skim PDF-TeX Sync setting: Custom [DONE]

    • command: /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/lyxeditor [DONE]

    • arguments: "%file" %line; /usr/bin/osascript -e 'tell application "LyX"
to activate'
[DONE]