Hello everybody,

1/ I have just realized today that when indicating a BiBTeX file as
"../biblio.bib" in the file selection GUI, its absolute path appears in
the list of bibliography files. This is not the same behavior as with
image files where the relative paths is kept. Having relative paths
allows to use symbolic links, and e.g. to copy all the directory of a
LyX file containing images and biblio to another machine, without any
other modification in the LyX file (i.e. no need to change absolute
paths). Is there some reason for which the behavior is not the same for
images and biblio files?

To keep relative paths for biblio files, I have modified in
GuiBibtex.cpp the two calls to browseRelToParent() in browseRelToSub().
I use LyX 2.3.2 source code.

2/ With or without the code modification proposed above, I have remarked
that indicating a biblio file in the current directory does not work. It
seems strange, something may be wrong on my machine.

Thanks,

Julien