Op 10-07-19 om 16:51 schreef Pavel Sanda:
I'm not sure for how big percentage of userbase I speak of but to butcher
postscript processing renders lyx quite unusable imho, so question is to
whether suse wants lyx in its repositories at all if this does not work...
So if it was on me would rather ask for removing lyx from your official
repos and let only advanced users to fetch from alternative sources and
tweak settings -- because delivering half non functional lyx just give
us bad reputation.
But again, that's due to my way of using lyx, don't take this as official
lyx team stand point:)

Personally I use LyX with openSUSE's hardened ImageMagick without any problems. I would not have noticed the issue with ImageMagick had it not been reported as a bug.

I am not really afraid for the reputation of LyX. I think users who are confronted by this will blame (open)SUSE (or understand it). In the meantime I try to spread the information in different, relevant places, so that it can hopefully be found.

Thanks for your input.

Cor