Am Donnerstag, den 11.07.2019, 13:52 +0200 schrieb Jean-Marc
Lasgouttes:
> I do not have time to test right now, but what happens with babel
> versions < 3.15 (2017)? I do not have that on my Ubuntu 16.04
> installation.

I think we can consider them unsupported with non-TeX fonts (by the
time 2.4 is released), the more so since babel only recently becomes
really useful in this context (thanks to additions such as \babelfont).

If you insist, though, I can add some test and do babelfonts only for
these recent versions.

Jürgen