Le 14/07/2019 à 02:46, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
Now that I compile LyX with Qt5 by default on some of my computers, I see that, in linux, characters are annoyingly spaced (see attachments) with Qt5, but not Qt4.

I traced this back to QFontMetrics::rightBearing which returns different values. This value is used in mathed since 03a4b8c9328.

So, am I the only one seeing this (it is not present in windows)?

Actually this is font-dependent. I see this with DejaVu Serif, but not other fonts. It seems this this font for some reason is not adapted for use in mathed.

Let's say the issue is solved.