On Sun, Sep 08, 2019 at 12:56:44PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> 1. Would it be more efficient to use "prefixIs()" instead of
> "contains()"? Are you concerned that for some older versions there is
> white space at the beginning of the line? Since this is a new feature,

I'm not sure what exact line of code you are refering to, but in some cases
the same err message get prepended with different strings (like "Natbib
Warning:")
or similar. Given that I am aware of both prefixIs/contains routines I find
it more likely that contains() was actually needed :)

> 2. I think we can extend this to work with biblatex. For example,
> currently if there is a citation of multiple keys, if one of the keys is
> undefined, there is no error. There is no instance of "There were
> undefined citations" in the log file. Instead, the following is in the
> .log file:
>
>    Package biblatex Warning: The following entry could not be found
>    (biblatex)                in the database:
>    (biblatex)                abc123
>    (biblatex)                Please verify the spelling and rerun
>    (biblatex)                LaTeX afterwards.
>
> The attached patch fixes this partly. It gives an error, but it does not
> specify the name of the missing key in the log file. If you think you
> can extend the patch to also report the missing key in the log file,
> please go ahead (I'm not interested in spending more time on this at the
> moment). Otherwise, should I at least commit this attached patch? I can
> change the prefixIs() to contains() if you prefer.

I never worked with biblatex, so feel free to update the code any way you see
fit. If you want me to check it I would need example file(s) how to reproduce
your scenario. In any case it's unlikely I will have time for any coding in the
forthcoming month...

Pavel