Le 12/12/2019 à 15:46, Kornel Benko a écrit :
Am Thu, 12 Dec 2019 15:40:56 +0100
schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>:

Le 12/12/2019 à 14:25, Kornel Benko a écrit :
I just run "make test". I am not very familiar with the test machinery.

This usage takes ages. 'make test' uses only 1 core.

Maybe
make -j[numcores] test

JMarc

This does not help. '-j' parameter is not promoted to 'ctest'

Some people use "make test ARGS=-j4". Does it work?

The right solution would be for ctest to integrate with GNU make's jobserver feature. If you have 4 cores available, you do not want to tell ctest to use them all, but to share them with other make targets which might be running at the same time.

Unfortunately I have not found whether this is possible.