On 2019-12-16, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Sun, 15 Dec 2019 21:42:03 -0000 (UTC)
> schrieb Guenter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net>:

>> > I have all nanum fonts installed
>> This may be an important difference, I do not have Nanum fonts
>> installed here.

>> Looking in
>> /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/xetex/xetexko/xetexko-font.sty,
>> I see logic to load

>>   % default main hangul: nanummyeongjo, batang if absent

>> It seems this overrides the standard font selection with fontspec, uses
>> Nanum if present which misses the roman numerals.

> So the fallback works, but the preferred font does not.

With roman numerals, yes. However, the quality of the korean characters may
be better, I cannot tell ...

>> Maybe it helps to define "\kormainfont" in the preamble (untested).
>> Otherwise, we might consider to skip the offending paragraph with fontspec.

> Or use Latin language for these characters. Works here.

English should suffice...

Or just replace the literal Roman numeral Unicode characters with
combinations of ASCII chars i, v and x rsp I, V, and X.

OTOH, as this is actually a documentation for the 8-bit LaTeX CJK-ko
package, we may also decide that this is a limitation we can live with,
ignore XeTeX for this document and, maybe, relyx xetexko-doc.tex for
Korean with XeTeX.

Günter