On 2/19/20 9:56 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 05:08:47PM -0500, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
>
>> On 2/19/20 4:48 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>>> It is a good idea to have correct padding by reordering members, even if
>>> the memory gains are minimal for buffer::impl . Do you have that for other
>>> classes ?
>> I have seen it elsewhere, but I can't remember where. There are so many
>> different warnings (a lot of them '0 used as nullptr', which Stephan
>> also mentioned), so it can be hard to sort through them. I'm going to
>> try to fix these as I have time. It's mindless...
> How do you see the warnings? I've only used QtCreator when working with
> .ui files.

I don't do anything unexpected. Basically:

Start up QtCreator.

Choose "New Project". Then choose LYX/CMakeLists.txt, where LYX is the
path to where your git repo lives. (This is not well documented. Hey,
Andre, are you seeing this!?)

You'll be asked now about lots of build options under the "Desktop" kit.
I basically choose just one of those (default), and fix the path for it
so that it lives under the LYX directory, but you can do as you wish.
You can adjust the build options later, if you want, as well.

Now, if I open, e.g., Buffer.cpp, it automatically gets run through
clang and the warnings are reported in the "issues" tab.

Riki