On 2/25/20 10:47 AM, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
There's a thread on the user list from someone running LyX 2.3.4.2 on Ubuntu 18.04.4. The File > Import File > LaTeX (plain) file dialog fails to show .tex files with the default (LaTeX) file filter, but does show them with the "all files" filter. In contrast, Insert > File > Child document ... dialog with the default filter (LaTeX/LyX documents) does seem to work for him.

Can anyone point to a difference in how the file filters are set up that might provide a clue. FWIW, I am unable to reproduce the problem on Mint (which is Ubuntu-based), but my file dialogs look substantially different from his (and not just because er spricht Deutsch). Could this be a Qt setting issue?

TIA,
Paul

Never mind -- my namesake Pavel sorted it out.