Le 20/03/2020 à 14:49, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
I would say that we don't care, so width() is better since is is shorter and
easier to understand :)

Just to double-check: By width() you mean boundingRect().width(), and
yes
you are saying it is shorter than horizontalAdvance() because we do not
have to condition on the Qt version, right? I agree that
boundingRect().width() is easier to understand than horizontalAdvance().

To be frank, I forgot about Qt version. My point was more about code being easier to understand. I had to read the docs to understand what the meaning of "horizontal advance" could be.