On 7/04/2020 7:38 pm, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 07.04.2020, 08:48 +0200 schrieb Daniel:
On 2020-04-06 23:32, Andrew Parsloe wrote:
When I put a verbatim environment inside a Box (Minipage, simple
frame)
I get a Latex error:

Argument of \@xverbatim has an extra }

which then produces various later errors, and the document doesn't
compile. The other options, including double frame, work fine. This
is
with both 2.3.4.4 versions (64 bit and 32 bit) on windows 10.

Andrew

I don't know much about this but it might be because it appears in
the
argument of another command (\fbox).

"This is why the LaTeX book insists that verbatim commands must not
appear in the argument of any other command; they aren’t just
fragile,
they’re quite unusable in any “normal” command parameter, regardless
of
\protection." (https://texfaq.org/FAQ-verbwithin)
Yes, exactly. Good news is that this will work in LyX 2.4, with the
help of the cprotect package.

Jürgen

Ah, LyX 2.4 ... not so very long ago on this list JMarc described LyX (presumably LyX 2.3) as a platypus. I have the feeling LyX 2.4 is a more mythical creature -- perhaps a unicorn.

Andrew