On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 06:22:40PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 03/09/2020 ?? 17:32, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
> >commit a9afdbb73c7ee568eeabd2848e9996322e4d5c85
> >Author: Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org>
> >Date:   Thu Sep 3 17:46:30 2020 +0200
> >
> >     Personalize fonts
> >     When the fonts distributed with texlive with same family name
> >     as ours are also managed by fontconfig, Qt is not able to
> >     discriminate ours by the style only. In order to be sure Qt
> >     will load our fonts, we change the foundry name from 'PfEd'
> >     to 'LyEd' and augment the font family name with this foundry
> >     name. This only works on *nix, because adding a foundry name
> >     seemingly breaks things on Windows. However, this is a *nix
> >     only problem, seemingly.

Funny, this was the missing piece which prevented me to backport
fonts changes from master back to 2.3. Now qt4+master works for
symbols like \oiint on one of my older systems.

In other words it should be possible now to backport fonts and symbols
files changes back to 2.3 and have it functional with both qt4/qt5...

Pavel