On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 04:55:52PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Sun, 25 Oct 2020 11:42:26 -0400
> schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck <rikih...@lyx.org>:
>
> > > Committed at 2dbf3515.
> > >
> > > Is there more?
> >
> > Should I try rebuilding?
> >
> > Is there a cmake way to generate the tarballs? I use 'make dist' from
> > autotools.
> >
> > Speaking of which, 'make lyxdist' used to work but doesn't now.
> >
> > Riki
>
> If you do
>  $ make help
> in the build dir, you should get all possible targets.
> Among them
>  $ make package_source
> should create LyX-2.4.tar.gz and LyX-2.4.tar.xz

Not sure if necessary, but in "cmake" call, you might need to set

  -DLYX_CPACK=ON -DCPACK_SOURCE_TGZ:BOOL=ON

Note that you can also create a .rpm. Not sure what your setup is, but
Kornel and I find it useful to use .debs (easy to install and remove).
To have "make package" create a .rpm, in "cmake" call do the following:

  -DLYX_CPACK=ON -DCPACK_BINARY_RPM:BOOL=ON

Scott