On 2020-10-13 23:52, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 10/13/20 5:15 PM, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
Hi, all (but especially Jürgen),

There have been two cases recently where people have asked about using
the new counter insets to set the value of e.g., the enumi counter. The
problem here is the old 'list preamble' one that is solved by the new
'list preamble' arguments. However, because those have PassThru set, you
can't actually insert the counter inset, and I think that's usually true
with PassThru, right? Should we disable PassThru here (people can use
ERT if that's what they want)? Or are there special cases where insets
should be allowed with PassThru?

Never mind. That doesn't work properly anyway. We need some other way to
deal with enumi etc.

I have a patch for (re)setting/resuming counters, including numbered lists:

https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12010.

I like it because it's very similar to what one has in other word processors.

The final obstacle is that I don't see no easy way to add an argument to the list preamble (in this case "resume*").

There is the list preamble inset (https://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/b124adbd3837/lyxgit). However, if I see it correctly, there is no interface currently to add arguments to the list preamble directly (via code not via inset). Does anyone know whether that is correct? If so, does anyone have an idea on how to implement what is need? Maybe I can have a look at some other feature and learn from that?

Any comments much appreciated!

Best,
Daniel