Le 10/12/2020 à 09:31, Yuriy Skalko a écrit :
Only boost/any.hpp will be unused with C++17 compilers. Maybe we can get rid of boost/lexical_cast.hpp as Jean-Marc suggested.

Then we will still have assert, crc and signal. I haven't looked at assert, but for the rest we can check these alternatives:

crc --> https://github.com/d-bahr/CRCpp (one 65KB header)
signal --> https://github.com/fr00b0/nod (one 25KB header)

Here is a small experiment, where I ran extract.sh with each header remove in turn. Then I noted to output from "du -s" and the potential gain.

               Size   Gain
all           13852
-any          13840     12
-assert       13852      0
-crc          13852      0
-lexical_cast 11916   1936
-signals2     11984   1868

So, the only gain would be to get rid of lexical_cast and signals2. The compact signal library looks great, but I do not know how polished, portable and widely used it is.